10 Reasons why it's a good idea
10. A group allows you to gather multiple perspectives on issues and concerns.
9. It's a non judgmental atmosphere because everyone is experiencing or dealing with similar issues.
8. You may feel validated by knowing and hearing other people's feelings.
7. You don’t have to deal with problems alone.
6. Group members offer their insight into your issues as well as value your insight about theirs.
5. It often turns out to be a lot better than you expected.
4. Group therapy promotes social skills and costs less than individual counseling.
3. Using the group to build your sense of hope that things can improve.
2. Utilizing new and different resources allows you to build trust in your own ability to find ways to get yourself though any challenge.
1. Learn more about yourself and experiment with new ways of relating to others.